Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tryin' to Garden...

So in between emergency vet visits, puppy whelping, birthdays, work and the farm I have been trying to get at my flower beds! How quickly the weeds take hold and take over! I wanted to get crackin at them this week while I was off and on puppy watch.
Also my retaining wall that I had built almost 5 years from stones that I collected in the fields were constantly falling as the ground has most definitely shifted in that time.
So I started the task of taking all the rocks out and re-walling them. It is like a puzzle and although it is not difficult it is time consuming but it is gratifying to me and I was very pleased with the end result! I added a bit of black earth to the flower beds to replenish the settled earth and I think it looks pretty darn good!

I still have to go around the other side of the front deck but hey its a start!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wow your gardens look very very impressive.....