Friday, May 22, 2009

This is SOOO Brittany

You will remember my post about the ongoing transformation in our basement with the newly RED rec room.
So to continue on, for the past 3 weeks or so I have been painting what is or will be Brittany's new room. Her current room is very very small so we thought it only fair that she should be able to have more space as she has really outgrown the room she is in.
This is the room before....

I put Britt to work priming the walls and getting it ready to go.....

This... is what she chose....
ORANGE and PINK
It is very bright and vibrant and if anyone knows my youngest child, these colours match her personality to a "T"...
The orange however gave me so much grief, if you can believe 2 gallons of paint and 6...yes count 'em' 6 coats later...I said enough is enough...it will do!
It actually looks pretty good! It is sassy and never dull, again much like my girl and she is pleased as ever with it!
We made the stencils out of acetate from our local business supply store and cut out various size circles using my bowls!

I only have the 1 wall completed as of yet...hopefully by the end of the weekend, her room will be put together and the rest of her furniture moved in.

We had found a double bed set at an auction and ordered new bedding to match the room and voila...its a perfect fit!

From start to finish I think the room has made a dramatic change! It totally suits Brittany I think it is a space that she can grow with and still be suitable for a few years to come!







No comments: