Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy Birthday

I couldn't let the day go by without remembering this day as my mom's birthday. Maybe its silly, I don't know but I like to pay tribute to her and if I can't wish her a Happy Birthday in person, I can at least post about it in memory.
She would have been 78 this year. Perhaps it is the spring or the month of Mothers Day and her birthday but she has been on my mind alot the past few weeks. She loved spring, the hope of renewal and new life. This week especially I have caught myself thinking about her more so when I've been out gardening cause I could bet that if she was here and was able, she'd be out there puttering with me too.
Missing someone so special just never seems to go away, even if we do it in silence and no one else knows we are, we still miss them.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Beleive you me you are not remembering alone...I miss her words than words can say. We both know what an incredible women she was, she made me to feel so special, so loved, so safe...I know that love will never never fade for me....love you always MOM...and Mom just so you know you have left an incredible legacy, cause that special relationship we share I now share that with my beautiful Christy...and Denay she would have been soo very very proud of her...and Chris well words cannot express how very very proud I am to have you as my sister....I love you so much and yep mom would be proud!!!!!!