Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Mothers Day...

I just love homemade gifts! I loved the ones when the kids were small and they would come home from school with handprints, or painted stones or even creative artwork! I have kept many many treasures that the kids have made over the years.
This year for Mother Day I got another hand made gift! They had been working on something in the upstairs of the barn for a couple of weeks now, when they had a chance here or there. I was not allowed to peek but I could here the air nailer and the planer going now and then. Well Sunday afternoon, they presented me with this! A totally gorgeous arbour!


I have wanted an arbour for many many years! However never had the extra money for one or there was always something else to buy..you know how it is. I was totally blown away!
They had bought the hanging baskets and the chimes but made the arbour from nothing but a plan in Casi's head!
I LOVE it!!!!!

We went for dinner at the Mandarin, which was a zoo considering it was Mothers Day but we enjoyed the buffet and I loved that everyone was together, it doesn't happen too often anymore with everyone working different hours or having school or other commitments. Thank you to my guys for making me feel blessed on Mothers Day! I love you and you guys are the greatest!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Oh my Chris.....that is soooo beautiful and the fact that they made it how special is that...I guess that means you are very special too...and we know that!!!!!!