Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lots of birthdays!

May is birthday month around here!
James' turned 17 on May 2, ya can't believe that he is already 17!!! Hard to believe next year he will be 18 and going off to begin his life as an adult!! Wow...it is true what they say about the years clicking by faster the older you get....
I had several things in mind for him as a gift for his birthday. He needs parts for his new vehicle, his cell phone is on the fritz but I wanted to get him something different than that.
I ended up going with a 4 month gym membership at our local gym.


His buddies have often gone there and I figured what a great opportunity to be able to go with them and get in shape! I thought within 4 months he would know if he even liked it and hopefully would continue on.
So far he has gone every evening and I think it is great! I will blog about his progress as it happens!!! Happy Birthday James!!!

Dave's birthday is today. As he is back on nights and sleeps the better part of the morning I thought it would great to serve him breakfast in bed! So I popped a cake in the oven and proceeded to make him breakfast and coffee in bed! I sang Happy Birthday as he was waking up! How cheesy huh!
The girls and I had been at a loss for what to get him as he is so hard to buy for! Seriously...everything he says he wants is just WAY out of our price range!
So after a lot of thought we came up with some blueberry and gooseberry plants. Going along with this whole fruit theme that he started with planting the orchard a few weeks ago, we thought these berry plants would be a cool addition!


I'm sure they will be planted along side of our vast patch of raspberry and strawberry plants. I would be so cool once everything starts growing, just to be able to walk outside and grab a variety of fresh fruit! I think he liked it...you know men...never can be sure! Hope both my guys had a great birthday! Happy Birthday Dave!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Sorry I am late...but happy birthday to your boys!!!!!