Friday, October 31, 2008

Down to 3....

Wow!!! I can't believe how fast these past 12 weeks have gone!!! The puppies are slowly leaving the nest and we are down to 3 from 6.

I am keeping Cruiser as my next boy hopeful, so far he has been exactly what my expectations were hoping for. He is smaller than his papa with a wonderful lovey attitude. He has dark pigmentation and a lovely coat so far. He possesses wonderful movement with a level topline. He is everything that I was hoping for and hopefully will continue to mature into a gorgeous boy!
Now I am faced with the seemingly impossible task of choosing my next female show hopeful. This so far has proved to be really really tough! I have 2 very different girls. Both of which I love things about and both have things that I am not crazy about!
First we have Maya, a lovely girl with a tonne of leg and nice dark coat. Her personality is very friendly and sweet but not over the top outgoing. She is a nice size girl and would be a wonderful addition to my breeding program.

Maya, however would be related to both Cole and Cruiser and I would have to look at an outside male in the future. Plus I am not sure of her top line or her neck but that could just be a growing transition.



Then, we have Ava. Ava has the exceptional head that I was dreaming of in these puppies. She has a firecracker attitude which would serve her well in the show ring. She too has a lovely coat and fantastic top line and movement. She has that attitude that commands attention and everyone here notices her first. However she is a little short on leg (it is getting better) and I am not sure about her coat colour at maturity, she may get too light and she is a tad smaller in size than Maya.


So, what to do??? I wish that I could play Potato Head with these girls and then my decision would be made. Help!!! Any recommendations would be appreciated!! Maybe I need a second opinion?? Oh and by the way I have considered keeping both of them! That thought has definitely crossed my mind. However with the cost of showing I don't know if I can afford to campaign all 3 to their championships. It can get very expensive and my main objective with my dogs is to do it properly and have them all Canadian titled. So...again any suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thanks!






1 comment:

Nancy said...

Well ya know what I think but then again I too am such a head hunter, but with the whipper snipper personality she would get my vote....love you sis.....