Sunday, September 14, 2008

What's one more???


Really now...what is one more?? In a household of multiple dogs one more just kinda blends right in??? This one doesn't really blend in with the yorkies but he is kinda cute! The story here is that Brittany wanted her OWN dog. She wanted a dog she could look after, sleep with her, the whole shebang. The only thing was she didn't want a yorkie...she wanted something different. I have put her off for a several months wanting to make sure that she was serious and understood the responsibility of having a dog. She has proved to me that she can be, looking after my dogs while I'm at work and more recently she doggie sat Shelby (a friends Jack Russell) completely on her own. So I figured she was ready. We thought seriously about it and thought it would be a wonderful idea to rescue a dog or to get one from someone who couldn't look after their dog or were moving etc. So we started our search, we looked on internet sites and found tonnes of puppies the result of backyard breeders and puppy mills I'm sure. We found jugs and buggs and poo mixes...all of which were really cute but considering the fact that I try to be a responsible breeder and do all the right things, I really didn't want to patronize a backyard breeder who just decided to put 2 dogs together with no thought at all except for dollar signs. I won't even go into detail of some of the ads we came across. People shoving their puppies out the door at 5 weeks old and putting fancy labels of "designer dogs" on their heintz 57 puppies. It was crazy! Anyway after lots of looking Brittany decided she liked the Jack Russell, I too thought it might be ok given they are smaller and they don't have alot of coat..(therefore, no grooming for me)! We found this little 13 week old male Jack Russell about an hour away from us. He had only been owned by his current owners for a short time and it wasn't working out with his family.
So here is "Ty" with Brittany, her new baby...

He is pretty cute and has energy to boot!! I'm sure he will shake things up around here!

The plan is to obviously have him neutered when he is old enough...not going to take any chances there! Also I do not want him to come into his "manhood" and be a rival for Cole. One dominant male in the house is quite enough!!!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh my Chris....what a very very cute puppy...little funny looking for a yorkie....Glad she is soo happy with her new baby....Nanc

Christy said...

So adorable! Congrats Britt!

Anonymous said...

i do love him aunt nance!all thanks to my mom!! i now have my own puppy