Friday, September 5, 2008

Growing like little piggies..er..yorkies!!!

Well here is another boastful post about my babies...ok I really can't help myself cause we are just so in love with these babies and are enjoying them so much! It is a lot of work though, I honestly don't know how people rear multiple litters. The dog laundry is insane!!! Socializing is SO important right from an early age but if you had alot of puppies I don' t know where I'd find them time! I make a point of handling them often even if it just for a quick kiss and off I go! Put your feet up and enjoy the newest pics of these lil darlings!!!
Sadie's litter @ 4 weeks...
Here we have a group shot. From l to r we have Ava, Dexter and Sophie. They were all a bit tired and ready to fall off to sleep. That was exactly my plan as to get them together when they are just awake is near impossible!
This one below is of Ava (left) and Sophie (right)...Dexter just couldn't hold out any longer and slipped behind for some zzzzz's. This week they got their ears, bums and nails trimmed. In hopes their ears will start to go up on their own, I like to have them up by 6 weeks or so, if not I continue to shave and tape them until the muscle is strong enough! They are up walking around now and more steady on their feet. They are starting to play and "mouth" each other. They will react to our voices and move towards it.

Their weights at 4 weeks are:
Dexter :: 1 lb 10.5 oz::
Ava :: 1 lb 4 oz::
Sophie :: 1 lb 8.5 oz::
All very, very good weights for sure!!!

Sienna's litter @ 3 weeks...

Another group shot, this time of the younger litter!! From l to r we have Maya, Lainey and Cruiser. They too were "dog tired" and just about to drop off to slumberland!!! This week as well seen them getting their ears, bums and nails trimmed. As you can see their eyes are now open, they just opened last weekend and they are already up on their feet but still quite unsteady yet and giving us little barks and growls. They have made some great gains too.

Their weights at 3 weeks are::

Maya :: 1 lb 1.5 oz::

Lainey :: 1 lb 2 oz::

Cruiser :: 15 oz::Everyone is doing so well! Momma's are looking great! I am feeding them my own homemade mixture of hamburger, rice, potatoes, zuchinni, other veggies, egg, garlic, and a holistic flour especially made for dogs! There really isn't anything in there that humans could not eat! When I make it in a big roaster, the kids come home and think I've made them meat loaf! The only other thing I put in there is a half a cup or so of Royal Canin puppy 33 food. Here is what the mixture looks like!

They love it! This week Sadie's litter will start on some food of their own. A rice pablum mixed with evaporated milk to get them eating on their own. I have already caught them sneaking a taste of their momma's food so its time! This too eases the burden on mom for not having to solely feed them.


If you're looking for individual pics, will post them on my website...

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Ahhh sis I want babies.....they look wonderful...so any keepers!!!! Love you Nanc

Christy said...

SO cute! I want mum to have babies too....

Chris said...

Hoping to keep one of Sadie's girls and maybe little Cruiser...time will tell!
It is so fun when you havn't had babies for a while...makes it so much more special and fun!