Thursday, September 25, 2008

Just for fun..

Yesterday I thought I had gotten a good deal. I had some errands to run in town and while stopped at a red light I noticed that the gas station ahead had their gas at 109.9/litre. I thought wow...that is a good deal! So I stopped in a filled my van, (fyi) my van has not been totally filled in months. So I carried on still feeling good about my find, did my errands came home and wrote on facebook for people to grab gas at that price before they raised it again. Well a good buddy happened to comment that Canadian Tire on the other side of town was offering their gas at 108.9 and then with a coupon for .5 cents a litre off brought it down to 103.9!!!
So that really rained on my "gas parade" and then I felt really bummed that if I had gone to the other side of town would have seen the even "better deal"....oh well too late now...my van is full!
Got me to thinking though how the gas companies have really conditioned us to think that 109.9 is cheap and we should grab it before it goes up. Only a year or so ago we would have been in an uproar about paying 109.9 and now look at us. Only a couple of weeks ago I think I paid 138.9 on the assumption that hurricane Ike was going to disturb the oil fields in Texas. How totally unfair that an assumption can dictate the price we pay.
So I am curious... I am hoping that you will comment on my post and let me know what your gas prices are and where YOU are..just for curiousity sake and just for fun. What is the lowest you have paid recently and what is the highest? Should we as Canadians complain about our gas prices or are there other place/countries that have it worse than us?
Oh and BTW on the way home tonight I noticed that gas was back up to 119.9 so I did feel better knowing that I got a better deal!

No comments: