Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back at it!

Well the holidays are over, the kids are back in school and back to the grind....
I have this urge to de-clutter and reorganize. I even feel in the mood to paint and refreshen my house. I think my bathroom upstairs will be my target. When we did the bathroom upstairs I initially wanted a very basic colour that I could accent any colour with it but since then I have been regretting that decision and want some colour on the walls. So that will be my project this month...now just finding the time to do it!
As mentioned I am feeling the urge also to declutter and reorganize! With the tree and all the Christmas decorations coming down it always gives me inspiration to go through things and make our space look reorganized.
The girls and I went shopping last week and on a whim we stopped in at The Brick to have a look around. I have been looking at various coffee tables for a while, and initially thought I would like a trunk coffee table to store and "hide" all the various Wii components that we seem to be collecting. With the addition of Rockband at Christmas and several new games, it just looked cluttered. So anyway we spotted this coffee table and I think with the shelves and drawers it will be perfect! Also even better I got almost 60% off its original price! Perhaps later I will add the end tables but in the meantime we will enjoy this table and at the very least has got to be more solid that the one we have now! I pick it up tomorrow!

So now the house is quiet, I really should be sitting down doing some paperwork and paying some bills, the new year brings membership fees that are due but instead I'm blogging...would much rather do that anyway!

All in all we had a nice holiday season. It was very relaxed and quiet. I always enjoy when the kids are home and almost hate to see them go back to school. It just seems so nice not have schedules and our days are our own...ya I know this isn't realistic but for 2 weeks it is a nice change! Will do a post about Christmas and our newfie dinner soon when I have a chance to go through my memory card plus see what else is on there.

No comments: