Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lookin' for...

An electric fireplace.....
We have a bare wall in our livingroom where the piano used to be. The piano has sat for over 2 years really not being played that much. Casi took her lessons up to gr. 6 Royal Conservatory and decided she didn't want to go further. She has dabbled here and there on it but basically it has been a dust collector since she quit...
So last week I posted the piano on Kijiji (quickly becoming my new best friend) and within a couple of days it was sold.
I am so excited to see this huge and heavy piece out of my livingroom. So now I am looking for a good used electric fireplace to claim its spot.
I have always wanted a fireplace with mantle...especially at Christmas time to decorate with stockings and pine garland. I think a fireplace looks so warm and welcoming as well. We would likely use it "occasionally only" as our hydro bills seems insane for some reason so I don't really want to be adding to them. We don't have any gas or propane on site so our only option without getting into ALOT of expense is go the electric route...
So if you know of anyone who has a good used electric fireplace for sale...please comment and let me know! I am on the hunt for a good bargain (basically to find one for what I sold the piano for)!

No comments: