Friday, January 16, 2009

Cold enough for ya???

It is certainly fair to say that we have been living in a deep freeze this past week. With temperatures in the mid - 20's with a wind chill hitting close to the -40's, it is not pleasant to go outside!
The kind of intense cold that freezes your nostrils together as soon as you go out or hits your lungs with such an impact and makes you cough. Ya...not pleasant..but hey I guess its our lovely Canadian winters.
We've been going through lots of hot chocolate and the kettle never seems to get cold as we try to keep ourselves warm while going about our normal routine.
This kind of intense cold is dangerous for anyone or anything outside and even the dogs quickly go about their business and rush right back to the door! I find myself continually doing a head count going out and then when they come back in to make sure they are all accounted for. Being outside too long for such a small little body could be deadly...
It seems lately my floor registers are a popular place and they huddle around them after being outside to draw heat from the furnace!

Alas, I guess this too will pass and soon (please?) we will be getting spring...oh the thoughts of spring, sounds wonderful!
Hope everyone is stayin warm!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Oh you poor thing! And those sweet little pups - So sweet that they can both fit on one register!

Nancy said...

Oh Chris....that is awful...we are whining out here with it being -12 I think. Anyway I think different post but I love the lap top desk. It looks wonderful, great job girl....