Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ty graduates Puppy Obedience!

It has been a fun last few weeks! We enrolled Ty (and Brittany) in puppy obedience to teach him some house manners and also to teach Brittany how the proper way to do it! I have to say that I really enjoyed the classes too and the instructor was really good at offering little tid bits of useful information for new puppy owners. I even learned a thing or two!
Tonight was graduation. I am pleased to say that Ty learned alot of really useful manners and we learned how to get him there. He did pretty good, his attention span is still really short and he is still easily distracted but he is a JACK and he is only 6 months old!
Here they are on recall. I think this is Ty's favourite command, it involves running and a treat at the end...his best reward! I love his happy sprint.

Working on sit and watch me.

Brittany and Ty were voted "most improved handler and dog" by the others in the class. I too agree that they have come a long way and even though Ty can be a handful still, he is much better than he was a few short weeks ago.

Watching the other dogs do their recall...

The official graduation photo! Ty was not so much appreciative of the graduation cap but it made for a cute photo op!

We had plans to enroll Ty into fungility in January but Esther the instructor thinks that he needs more obedience before he can understand what agility is.

At any rate this is a great way to have Brittany and Ty bond and also give her the tools to be responsible for her dog.

No comments: