Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Tree is Up!!

It is certainly looking like Christmas around here! I love this time of year! I love the smells of the baked goodies coming out of the oven! I love the Christmas carols, especially the old favourites - not so much the Santa Claus ones but my favourites are "Oh Holy Night" and "Silent Night". These one really get my emotions stirring, the signify Christmas for me. I love the decorations and the feel the kids excitment mounting! Not so much anymore as they are getting older but they still look forward to it. We did get our tree up last week. It was one of the only nights we were all home and not scattered about. I let the kids decorate the tree however they want and they usually do a pretty good job.

Over the years I have tried to make it a tradition that we all participate in decorating. Something that they can look back on and remember doing and perhaps one day do it with their family. Not just...they come home from school and its there all done.
This is also the time of year that I bring out my special yorkie decorations. I do have several yorkie ornaments that I cherish. Now the kids will say that I am obsessive when it comes to collecting yorkies but hey they are what I love. Some people collect elephants, clowns or angels...I collect yorkie paraphenalia. I have gotten my collection over the years and love to find really nice pieces in the store or sometimes on ebay.
There are pieces out there that are not so nice and I stay away from those but a really really nice piece I just love to acquire!

Here are a couple of my yorkie ornaments!

I was in Walmart a couple of week ago and was so thrilled to come across these yorkie stocking holders! It was such a cool find!


So yes it is looking yorkie and festive around here! I hope the holidays are a time for family and a time for joy and happiness. I really hate that Christmas has become all about gifts and Santa Claus. To me, it should be about family and making memories that last a lifetime, because really who remembers what they received last Christmas if it even lasted that long. I hope everyone has a joyous holiday season with their family and loved ones!




No comments: