Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Relish

My first attempt at making relish was a success....I think..(I hope anyway) . As my cucumbers are ripening in droves I was at a loss of what to do with them all. You can only eat so many raw cucumbers before you start to look like one?
So always being game to try something new, I thought I would try my hand at making relish. Brushed off the food processor and away I went!
This BIG bowl of veggies sitting on my counter was really appealing and it smelled really good too!

The recipe said it makes 15 cups of relish.

I gave the taste test to 2 of the kids, got one approval and one not so much...

So I tried it and thought it tasted pretty good! If you are interested you will find the recipe HERE. I want to search through and find something for applesauce that might be interesting as I still have half a milk crate of apples to find something to do with???
Not sure what my day looks like tomorrow, may have time late morning. James has an appt to have all 4 of his wisdom teeth pulled. He has to be put out and not sure how much of a patient he will be afterwards...we'll see if I can pull off applesauce and look after him too??? Working at 4 pm so there is only a small window of time to do it? If I manage to get it done I will post and let ya'll know it turns out.


1 comment:

Diane said...

you'll probably have lots of time... He'll be knocked out!