Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Basement Chronicles...cont'd (from a LONG time ago)!

Months ago I posted about a fresh look we were giving to our basement. With the onset of summer and life becoming chaotically busy, I didn't get any time to work on it.
However with the nights becoming cool I had the urge last week to paint. As luck would have it, CT had their paint on sale.
I chose "CobbleStone" for the bathroom and kitchen down there. It is kind of a mix between a green and a brown, in different light it looks either.
This is the only before I have.....
And now....
We added a few towel holders and bars.

I really love the new look. This is by all accounts Brittany's bathroom and she wasn't happy with my choice of colour but oh well. We are finding it has really eased up on the traffic on our main bath upstairs!

I also have been decorating mode for the rec room, as it thus far has nothing on the walls, I found a wall hanging that I had done ages ago. Not sure how it is going to work out but we had some bull rushes growing so I sprayed them with a sealer and added some other decorative grasses and voila...a little touch of home'i'ness to the basement.

Its an oldie...but a goodie...back in my cross-stitch phase....

The painting continues...I am working on the kitchen as well, in the same colour as the bathroom. It seems I need about a 36 hr day to get everything that I want to do! It will be a great feeling once everything is all done! Ok...will that ever happen??











2 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh la la cannot wait and be a house guest in 3 1/2 weeks....love you and it looks fabulous...Nanc

Shawna said...

Lovely, that's a great colour you picked for the washroom! I'm a sucker for taupe!