Friday, August 8, 2008

Gettin' ready for babies...

Well the whelping pen is ready...
Everything is handy for when I need it. Towels to dry the babies, scale to weigh the babies, hemastat for clamping the cord and dental floss to tie it off.


Just need the babies!!! Sadie is not quite ready here yet..(pic taken yesterday)


This morning Sadie is showing signs of being in early early labour. She had a restless night, laying down, getting up, circling and laying down. This is an indication that she is not quite comfortable. Although early yet I can see that something is brewing. She is not eating and when I let her out to pee, and she didn't come back to the door I went looking and found her digging a hole..no sorry Sadie, you're not having your babies in a hole!

She is a bit early and I would prefer she hold off for another day at least (not due until Monday) but there is no messing with Mother Nature. I hope all goes well and we have no vet help and all healthy thriving babies. Will keep you posted...

No comments: