Friday, August 15, 2008

1 week old today!!

Wow!! I can't believe how fast this week has gone! The babies are thriving! This litter has been totally text book and aside from making sure mom has been fed and changing the bedding all the credit goes to Sadie.
They are a very content group of babies and rightly so when you see their fat bellies!!! Tried to get a group picture...not the easiest thing to do as they like to bunch up and travel in circles. This was my best shot.
Their eyes and ears are still closed, possibly by the time they reach 2 weeks they should be open. I've had some open at 11-12 days and some at 16 days so we'll see. They look like tiny rotties at this stage with the tan markings but as they mature their heads will turn a tan or a grey then tan.
See the fat belly??? This is the smallest girl. Not so small anymore but still behind the other 2.
Their weights at 1 week::
::Boy - 11 oz::
::Girl - 11 oz::
::Smaller Girl - 8.5 oz::
Very good weights for 1 week old puppies. We will name they as they get a bit older...tentative of course as some of them are spoken for and their new families I'm sure will have their own names. I too am hoping to keep one of these girlies for show.
Incidentally I do believe my 2nd upcoming litter will be making their appearance soon. Sienna is showing signs of early labour and being uncomfortable. Perhaps this evening or tonight things will heat up as her labour gets more active. She is not due until Monday but only she decides these things.
Keep checking as I will post as soon as I can!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Holy Puppies Batman! They are so adorable.....makes me wish we had some running around at mom's house. Hope your summer's still going great! Pass on my love....