Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Please be patient....

Yes I have a whole weeks worth of pictures and stories of our BC vacation to blog about! However my camera decided it was going to die on me so I didn't get any pics with my camera and will have to steal from Casi's memory card!!! Her camera takes large size pics so I have to make sure I have lots of time for those posts!
Been crazy busy since getting back as while I was relaxing on vacation....everything at home didn't stop so there is that much more to catch up on!
I was very pleased to catch the very end of the strawberry season...barely though...I may have caught it on the last day???
Monday morning I dragged both girls with me to the strawberry patch.
An hour or so later we had 25 litres picked...
Today was jam day as I worked yesterday afternoon!
I started this morning and puttered at it all day and by this evening...this is what I had...


So all in all, 25 litres of strawberries, 10 batches of jam (which I also made some batches of strawberry/rhubarb and s/r pineapple).
I finished cleaning up tonight after 10 pm!!
So that was my day in my very ordinary, so domesticated life...
I do like the fact that I can control the sugar that I put in the jam...and the kids + Dave love the homemade jam...its easy, not so expensive and probably healthier than store bought with all the preservatives...

1 comment:

Shawna said...

YummO -- I love love love homemade jam! Good for you! Happy Summertime!