Monday, July 6, 2009

A NEW CHAMPION!!!!

Well my gamble worked and this week of shows proved sucessful enough to bring me home a new Champion!
I am still over the moon!!!
She did all yesterday in one day. After being skunked Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday I had come to terms with the fact that she was not going to get any points this show either.
Yesterday I received a text from my handler that she not only went Best of Breed over a male Special (already championed), she went into Toy Group and won a group 3rd!
I just about lept out of my skin! She picked up 4 points for those wins, leaving her to get one more for her championship.
I rationalized in my head that she was not going to get it, it was a one time thing and in my mind I was already planning which show to take her in for that beloved 1 point!
I didn't hear anything from Peter....nothing...nothing...nothing...so I thought she didn't get it, she didn't finish....
So finally I called him and YES in fact she not only took Winners Female for 2 points but went on to take Best of Winners for another point!!!
YES, YES, YES!!!!
Pictures were taken I just don't have them yet!
I am so incredibly pleased and proud of my girl! She finally decided she wanted to be a show dog and look what she did! I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!
Alas I know she did it for me, and she really doesn't like to be a show dog so she will never have to be shown again, we are retiring her show career! I am so pleased!
Will post pics when I get them in the mail!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

aChris...I am soo very very happy for you and your new champ!!!!! Wednesday I will give you a hug in person....cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather said...

Hey Chris! I heard from Esther last night - way to go Autum! It gave me goose bumps reading your blog.....have a safe trip.