Sunday, July 19, 2009

2 years coming!!!

I am soooo pleased that this project has started!!! I was actually hoping that it might have been started while I was away...ahemm...although I never verbalized that wish and.....incidentally it never happened.
Anyway...2 years in the making our deck expansion has begun!!! This area around the house has been a great eye sore for me, there has never been anything that I could do to dress this area up and it just looked horrible.
We began by taking up the make shift ramp that the dogs had used for the last several years off the current deck into their dog run.
As the project begins....
From the current deck looking into the dog run....

The digging begins!!! This is one time when I didn't mind Dave digging up my lawn!

In about an hour......all the digging is finished and ready to build!!!!

Starting the frame....

Getting there....looks messy right now but its a "good" mess...progress is always messy!!!

Dave attaching to the pool deck.....YAY!!!

We had gotten to this point before we quit for the day....
This a gang plank for the dogs so they can get across to get to the grass and do their business.

Bella walking the plank...works well!


I am so excited to see this project through! We have lots of ideas and plans for the deck and are talking gazebo's, outdoor furniture etc, etc...we'll see what we actually do and put on it!!!

Will continue to blog our deck progress as it happens...will likely be at a stand still for the week as Dave goes back to work and we have to get the cedar and plane it for the top.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Looking good! Can't wait to see the finished product!