Sunday, August 2, 2009

BC was a blast!!!

This post is sadly over due as it has been almost a month since we were out on our sunny west coast! However I do eventually get around to these things!


For 8 days my ladies and I spent a wonderful time with my sister and her family. We enjoyed each other's company and did a bit of this and that along with my nephews wedding which I DID get around to blogging about!

As I mentioned in my previous post that my aunt and cousin were able to come to the wedding as well which we were all thrilled about! Those times are so precious with them and we thoroughly enjoyed their presence there.
Here I am doing my aunts nails before the wedding. My girls and I had all gotten pedi's and mani's so she wanted her nails to look spiffy too!

My other nephew playing with my sisters papillon puppies.

It was the house of papillons!!! A true change from my house of yorkie!

I really apologize for the lack of pictures but my camera decided to act up and other than the wedding I don't have alot of other pictures. However needless to say that we all had a good time and it was great to reconnect with family again! The first days of our trip were busy, spent travelling back and forth to Victoria for pre wedding functions. We had a bridal shower, and pre-hearsal luncheon and then a post rehersal BBQ, and then was the big day!

After the wedding we had a bit of down time and spent the Monday kayaking along the ocean waterfront. It was beautiful and very relaxing! I had never been kayaking before and had a great time!

The following day we heading off on the ferry to the mainland to do some shopping. We hit the mall and spent the night in a hotel..again it was wonderful to do things with family. My aunt was so amazed and appreciative of the time spent that it brought tears to my eyes. Wednesday we parted ways and they headed back to Alberta. My sister and I went and visited a great yorkie person! I was very much looking forward to this visit and seeing her dogs and just enjoying her company. Kim is a riot and a wealth of information!

After our visit we headed off to Vancouver airport to pick up my sister's awaited new super male, (yes its a papillon!) After a long hour we managed to sneak a peak at him through the crate door. He had travelled from Germany and my sis has high hopes for this boy! Then the little guy had to clear customs and he was hers! After all the paperwork we got to see the long awaited boy and what and personality! I don't think my face has ever been washed quite so well!

These are not pics of the new little guy but of my sis's other puppies.....


We caught the ferry back to the island and one more sleep were home bound. Our flight was delayed and we arrived back in TO at midnight. What a long day it was!

So in a nut shell that was our trip, again wish I could have blogged with pics..i know its so much more exciting...
I am way behind on my blogging...there has been so much happening this summer but i just can't keep up with it all!

No comments: