Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What to do with...

All this zuchini????
Back in the spring knowing how much a zuchini plant would yield, I purposely only planted 1. Only ONE!!!
Still it is bearing 'fruit' like crazy!

Last nights dinner was zuchini, onion cooked in olive oil with garlic and some tomatoes and peppers. Served over noodles or rice, it is fabulous!

I have trying to use it up, we have been having zuchini omelettes and I have been making banana zuchini loaf and muffins....
Still there are tonnes of zuchini coming....eeeks!
Does anyone have a great use for it? Even a great recipe for more loaf or muffins? The one I found off the internet was kind of heavy.
Surprisingly the kids actually like it! Figuring they would turn their noses up it I kind of tried to hide it in things but when I made the zuchini over noodles, they absolutely loved it! Best part too is there is only vegetables in it and pretty healthy ( would have been better if I used Whole Wheat noodles but...)
I have read too that Zuchini is full of Vitamin C so i guess we have been getting our doses lately!


4 comments:

Christy said...

Chocolate Zucinni bread is really yummy too!

Diane said...

Ohhhh I LOVE zucinni! just bread it and toss it in olive oil!
barbeque it in tin foil. woo jealous.

Shawna said...

You can always shred the zucinni that you don't use and put it in zip lock bags in one cup measurements for using later on in the winter for baking.

Shawna said...

Or you could stock your freezer and rid your counter by making this recipe:
http://mennonitegirlscancook.blogspot.com/2009/08/chocolate-zucchini-bread.html