Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring arrives!

Well it seems spring is here! We have been outside and puttering at this and that, so havn't had much time for blogging! Alas, it is pouring down rain today so perfect weather for inside stuff (ie...computer time!!)
Spring is going to bring some new additions to our farm, I hope at least. I am anticipating 3 foals this spring but the one mare I am not sure if she caught. The other is really heavy in foal and by the looks of her she may go early to mid May. The third girl...seems to change every day I see her, one day I think she is not, then I see her again and I think she may be later on. She is really chubby to begin with so it makes it hard to know for sure!
I have done a back to back breeding with Sadie and she too is due early May so I am eagerly awaiting babies! They will be my only puppies until likely late fall.
Dave has been really working hard installing all 16 of our windows and getting them finished on the inside and the outside. I am soooo pleased with how they look, and how they function! No more putting sticks in the windows to hold them up!
I will do a post with pics soon!
I can see the peeking of my spring flowers coming up. It is always such a refreshing site after a long cold snowy winter! As much as the rain makes things muddy and soft, it also washes the dirt and grim of the winter away! I always love the promise of what spring brings!
So happy spring folks!

No comments: