Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Basement Chronicles..

Welcome to our basement! This is a part of the house that I have never blogged about thus far. The reason being is that it was a granny flat for Dave's mom. So this was her space and not ours. She has recently moved giving us more space as the kids are certainly getting older and bigger and needing it! I will be doing a post today about how it looks today and then blogging about the changes that we have done as they happen.
Basically the space consists of a living room/rec room, bedroom, a 3 pc bathroom and a small kitchen. Our plans are to keep the bedroom for a spare room for company or when the kids have friends over.
Here is a view of the bedroom from the kitchen.

This is another view from the kitchen looking into the bathroom, bedroom and the rec room.

A view of the kitchen from the rec room. We plan on using the cupboard space for extra storage.

This is the rec room. The kids have grand plans for this room! I allowed them to choose the colour of the room. I figured this was their space so let them choose.....well they chose RED!
It was amazing that they all agreed on this one colour but it was red. It will be a dramatic change to the room and I hope it turns out. I am kinda scared as I would never go that bold but if they hate it, they will have to look at for a few years. If anyone is near a CT store, go to paint and look at the Debbie Travis collection for "Moulin Rouge". Remember...they chose it! Not me!

Here is another view of the livingroom as you enter from the kitchen.

Will keep you updated. The snow day yesterday was perfect for putting the kids to work. We got all the trim painted and because they chose red, we had to prime the walls first, so that got done. Today the 1st coat of red goes up. Wish me luck as I am still scared...eeeks...red....
I can hear my dad always wanting my mom to paint walls red when she asked his opinion, who knows maybe it skipped a generation..
Wish me luck......




No comments: