Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Puppy Decisions....

Well I finally made my decision....and only time will tell if it was the right one...
In the end I decided to let Maya go. What a difficult decision it was, it was torture in the canine sense of the word!
I chose Ava, because of her fiestiness, movement and coat. I let Maya go because of her slightly softer temperment and gait.

When I visited Esther I really noticed how shy this little girl really was. She hid and was pretty reluctant to check things out. Ava on the other hand marched right up to all Esther's dogs like she owned the place!
I really liked both of these puppies, I loved Maya's length of leg however if she hated being in new situations, how would she react to the show ring....no point in having a beautiful dog if they wither in the ring.
So time will tell if I made the wrong decision. Maya has gone to a wonderful home. A young couple in Richmond Hill, no children and no plans for children...so Maya will be their little girl.
I hope I don't kick my butt 6 months down the road!!!

No comments: