Wednesday, November 5, 2008

All Election"ed" out!!

Is it just me or is anyone else out there just plain tired of elections? I totally understand why we have them and I agree that the people should have the right to elect the person who will represent them but wow...it seems this year for the most part has been all about elections. First we had the democratic race in the US, then our own prime minister called an election, and to finish off the presidential election yesterday.
I for one would not be upset to turn on the news and have something other than politics as the main topic. I really do not like watching the campaigns as it seems the parties focus on smear tactics and painting the other candidate in a dim light.
It really bugs me when people in the public eye speak and then they spend days with political anaylists picking apart "what they said" or "what they didn't say" or "what their body languange meant" or "what was behind their message". One time I was watching the news and they had an anaylist picking apart someone's "hand language"......Pleeeease!!!
Hopefully both countries can get down to business now that the elections are over and run their countries that they were elected to do. Lets focus on important issues and stop analysing hand language.

No comments: