Sunday, June 8, 2008

Upcoming puppies!!!!!!!!!

For a long time now (actually months!) I have been waiting on a season with Sadie. I had anticipted her to come into heat back in March and have been waiting..rather impatiently I might add for this to happen. Finally she has cycled and I can see the glimmer of light for my next show hopeful!!! Don't yawn...for those of us in the doggie world, this is exciting stuff!!! Pouring over pedigrees and critiqueing your males and females and hoping and wishing, this is what we dream of! Of course we all would want the perfect puppy, but there is no such thing so we have to improve what we have and work through the faults a generation at a time. So for now my plan is to breed Chase with Sadie in hopes of getting a beautiful show female...already have the name picked out in my head folks!!! So keep your fingers crossed that in August we have firstly a healthy litter with Sadie and secondly a little girl for me!

Here is Chase shown above and Sadie below. I chose these 2 because they are quite opposite from each other. Chase is quite light and Sadie is sooo dark so I am hoping for somewhere in between. Chase has a firecracker personality and is really fine boned wheras Sadie can be shy and is more bigger boned...so hopefully the offpsring will be somewhere in the middle...we can hope!!!

Also by surprise, I wasn't expecting this quite so soon...Sienna has come back into heat! So I will have my only 2 litters planned for the year almost back to back. Not sure of dates yet but I would guesstimate that these babies will be born only a week apart from each other! Preferably I would have liked only 1 litter at a time but when we are dealing with mother nature...you just have to roll with it. So my "plan" here is...to breed Sienna with Cole in hopes of a nice show boy.

So these 2 are more similar in some ways but I think they will compliment each other with their puppies as well. They both have the benefit of having some really big European bloodlines behind them. Sienna is shorter in body where Cole is longer and I actually find he is a little longer than I would like. Cole has a beautiful silk coat and is really strong in his colour so I have to be careful that I don't get too dark in my puppies as we don't want black!
Sorry for the yorkie critiqueing lesson guys...couldn't help myself!!! So mid to late August should be an exciting time around here! Should be crazy busy as well! Might have to do back to school shopping early as I will likely be grounded at home for a while!! All I can do is hope that all goes well and we have 2 healthy litters and no vet intervention deliveries..that is a big plus for sure!!! Will keep you posted....

No comments: