Tuesday, June 10, 2008

In Loving Memory.....

My dear uncle was called home yesterday. As saddened as we are about his passing, my aunt is forever grateful that he is no longer suffering. I believe that he is now joined with my mom and dad and hopefully they are having a huge steak together like they did here.

Uncle Bill....you were a terrific man and I was so honoured to be your surrogate daughter for the past 13 years. I loved your sense of humour and your bear hugs. I loved the way your accent was exactly like moms and it was a comfort to hear when we missed her so much. I will be reminded of you when the cherry trees blossom as you were so looking forward to coming and picking cherries.



The Broken Chain

We little knew that morning that God
Was going to call your name.
In life we loved you dearly,
In death we do the same.

It broke our hearts to lose you,
You did not go alone;
For part of us went with you,
The day God called you home.

You left us peaceful memories,
Your love is still our guide;
And though we can not see you,
You are always at our side.

Our family chain is broken,
And nothing seems the same;
But as God calls us one by one,
The chain will link again.

Linda Grace

June 7, 1966 - June 14, 1998

Also coming up is a date that we too will not forget. The day that we lost our sister at the young age of 32. Linda, you were taken from us too early. There were so many things that we did not get to say or do together. Although 10 years has passed quickly and so many things have changed, I think of you often and miss you.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Hi, Chris, Just wanted you to know that we are praying for your family at this sad time. Your uncle was a delightful man, and I know that his legacy will live on in your fond memories. Family heritage and the loving bonds we have are a true gift from God. I will pray for joyful times through the sadness as you share together with your Aunt and family.