Monday, May 26, 2008

TimberYork's Inquisitive Vision

My 2nd (and final) foal of the year has been born!!! We awoke yesterday and immediately I usually scan the field for the horses and noticed Liley off on her own in the far fence row. We didn't see her baby at first so we carried on our usual morning routine of feeding our bottle baby sheep. We happened to look over again and there was this figure standing at Liley's front. Well I flew across the field and approached the pair. To my complete delight there was a gorgeous little buckskin pinto standing there. I thought I wouldn't be so lucky as to have a filly and sure enough we have a little girl!!! I am so pleased to announce the arrival of "TimberYork's Inquisitive Vision". She measures even smaller than Echo at 17" tall. She is so friendly at this point and I am all smiles! I have wanted a buckskin forever!!! Mom and baby are doing good and I am sure Vision will be a keeper as she is duel registered. I am so pleased with my babies this year. Diesel certainly out did himself and gave me 2 dilute babies!!!

Having a nap...being born is very hard and tiring work!!!

Getting loved up by Casi and James

Finding her feet....still a bit wobbly.

I am still over the moon....she has arrived at a super time. I have been feeing a bit down this week. With my mom's birthday and mothers day this month, it just really bites that she is no longer around. So I've been in a bit of a self pity mode. Having Vision arrive certainly has brightened my spirits and especially since she is exactly what I have looked around for for ages! I am a bit of a dilute seeker, as much as I love pinto's the dilutes really take my breath away. She is both pinto and buckskin, she is absolutely perfect!!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

It looks just like my little pony!!! So adorable......congrats. Glad to hear the birth was able to lift your spirits a little!