Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Last weekend.....

Last weekend was so productive! We accomplished alot! We had the arrival of our 2nd foal plus 7 baby call ducks. Our pheasant is finally sitting on her nest of eggs so that is exciting. We have red golden pheasants and the males are so pretty and vibrant I would love to see more out there! We got alot of our yard work done, grass cutting and weeding. I finally finished planting my flower bed and got some impatiens in my shade gardens.
Here is part of the garden, we planted this in sweet corn and I also wanted to try a row of ornamental corn for decoration in the fall! We planted on the other side of the raspberries, peas, beans, spinach, parsnips, peppers, radishes and cucumbers. I am on the hunt today for heritage tomatoes. They are so wonderfully delicious and taste like I remember tomatoes tasting on the farm when I was little. These are seeds from way back when before hydroponic and hot house tomatoes.

I got all my flower beds worked on...not gonna say that they are done but they are at least caught up for now.

Our lilac bushes are in full bloom along the road. It is so fragrant, wish they lasted longer


Already posted about our newest foal, Vision....I caught a picture of her livin it up yesterday. She was rearing and kicking and just loving being a baby horse!

We had a visit from Lori and her family plus her mom. Had a great visit and I love watching them enjoy the animals and have fun. Sometimes when we live here all we see is the everyday stuff and it is refreshing to enjoy it with others.
Here is Chad with Echo.

Another one of Chad and Saucie....notice the carrot in mid air!!!


Lori took this amazing shot of Mia and Indy. I love it! It is my desktop picture on my laptop!

Here is Hope getting a kick out of the horses....the minis love the attention. Ella trying to snatch something good.
One of our bottle babies looking for a snack.
All in all it was a great weekend! The weather was gorgeous and it was so nice to be outside in the sunshine. If you havn't figured it out, I love being a country girl, there is nothing better to me. I know different strokes for different folks but this is my piece of heaven on earth. I am so pleased at where our farm has come in the short 3+ years we've been here. I wish my parents were here to see. My dad was a farmer through and through and think he would have enjoyed this with us too. I loved our visit Lori, thanks for coming out and having tea. Certainly needed was nice to catch up!

No comments: