Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day


What is a Mother??


It takes a Mother's Love
to make a house a home,
A place to be remembered,
no matter where we roam.

It takes a Mother's Patience,
to bring a child up right,
And her Courage and her Cheerfulness
to make a dark day bright.

It takes a Mother's Thoughtfulness
to mend the heart's deep "hurts,"
And her Skill and her Endurance
to mend little socks and shirts.

It takes a Mother's Kindness
to forgive us when we err,
To sympathize in trouble
and bow her head in prayer.

It takes a Mother's Wisdom
to recognize our needs
And to give us reassurance
by her loving words and deeds.

It takes a Mother's Endless Faith,
her Confidence and Trust
To guide us through the pitfalls
of selfishness and lust.

And that is why in all this world
there could not be another
Who could fulfill God's purpose
as completely as a MOTHER!

Helen Steiner Rice


the bestest mom.... 1931-2003

Happy Mothers Day to all Mom's everywhere!!! I spent the day yesterday with Cassie and had a fabulous day! James and Brittany were out at friends houses so it was just the 2 of us....We gardened, and puttered around and went shopping for plants. We chatted and chatted and just had a great day! How much I enjoyed spending the day doing that! Reminds me of many a times spending days with my mom, just hanging out and doing stuff together. How I miss those days! I can only hope that I can instill in my children the love to nurture things just as my mom taught me. How to appreciate a just weeded flower bed or take satisfaction in a job well done.
Happy Mothers Day Mom, we all miss you and think about you so often. Mothers Day or any other day just is not the same with out you here. We love you and miss you so much....

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Chris....what a beautiful beautiful tribute to a very very special women and mom. It has been a weepy week for me also remembering the wonderful shopping trips where we would just gravitate to the same things, out taste in clothes were so much the same. I miss you mom sooo much...you are never forgotten....
but you know you have instilled in Chris and I that most beautiful love that we can and do share with our own daughters...that is a legacy that will live and keeps a little part of you with us always.... everyday.... Nanc

Christy said...

Happy Mother's Day! Sound like it was wonderful, glad to hear you felt blessed!