Thursday, May 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom.... XOXO


Just sending out a tribute to my mom. Today would have been her 77th birthday. Even though she is no longer with us, I still think of her every day and especially today on her birthday. To those of you who didn't know my mom, she was a wonderful, beautiful, kind hearted person. She was always trying to be fair. I miss her dearly and sincerely grieve for the relationship that my kids have missed out on with her. I know she would have been a very special person in their lives and even though they were quite young when she died, they still treasure what memories they do have of her. Here she is on her 71st birthday, a sweet memory of better times when she was healthier.

This is a cross stitch sampler that I made for her after my dad passed away. It hung in her tv room proudly and now it hangs in my kitchen proudly so I can see it often and think of her.

MOM

The relationship between a mother and child
is a special bond of love
That grows deeper year after year

Passing time
makes me realize
Just how dear to me you've always been

My hope is
that in your understanding way,
you'll somehow know
The love that is in my heart for you
will be there, always near.....


Happy Birthday Mom, we love you and miss you. We will celebrate your day with a DQ dipped cone and wonderful memories of you. Wish you could have been here....

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Chris...thank you for posting about this amazing woman we knew as our beloved mom. I have wept for her several times today...I thank God for the wonderful memories still deep in my heart....yes to the woman who was my best friend...Happy Birthday Mom....I love you always .....Nanc