Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Going crazy

Just wanted to take a couple of secs to blog the insanity going on around here. I always have the usual housework, laundry, a floor that always seems to need to be swept. With 8 dogs running in and out I guess that is why. There is always a dog that needs to be groomed or if I do get them groomed they take great pleasure in rubbing their heads along something and pull out their top knots.
With Dave back to work on nights I am in charge of the morning and evening chores to do in the barn. For the past little while it has been bottle feeding our 3 lambs every 3-4 hours and then there is imprinting our new foal Echo to be loving and friendly. Once that is done there is lawn mowing and gardening and weeding of my flower beds. Lets not forget Dave's gst that has to be done. This all on the days that I don't work and then some on the days that I do, I feel some days that I put in a full day before I have to go to work at 2:30pm. Oh then there is grocery shopping that never seems to be enough as I am out of things the next day or just your run of the mill errands that have to be done. In the evenings I run the free taxi shuttle service for the kids to ball, dance or pick up/drop off at their work.
So I find myself sometimes on the computer late in the evening just to wind down and catch my breath as the day just seems to speed by.
I need to take time to catch up with loved ones or just give a call to let them know that they are on my mind even if I am not in touch. I did call my aunt in Ottawa this morning and found out that they are having a really hard time with my uncle. To bring you up to speed, he had a stroke about a year ago and spent considerable time in the hospital and late last summer he was able to go home. So for the past several months my aunt has been caring for him, no small task for sure. He unfortunately has lost the majority of his sight and with the confusion of that is not longer able to stay at home. So my aunt and her family have made the really difficult decision to put him into long term care. This is a really emotionally draining time for her and my aunt is one of the most beautiful Christian people that I know. Please keep her and my uncle in your thoughts and prayers as they need strength and peace with this whole situation.


All of this does prompt me to want to slow down and stop and smell the roses and take time out and enjoy this life that we have. I do love the farm and all the animals and I find them all very gratifying to watch and nurture and feel very proud for what we have accomplished here. I do need to stop now and again and appreciate the small stuff too.

No comments: