Friday, April 9, 2010

Cruiser hits the show circuit a Blazin'!!!

2 weeks ago I met my handler Pete at a commuter lot along hwy 400 for him to take my boy Cruiser up to Sudbury for a 6 show series. I would have never dreamed how successful my boy would be!
I honestly had hoped he would pick up some points. There was a total of 4 dogs entered each show and to explain it quickly if Cruiser won best male he would win 1 point, if he then beat the best female he would win another point = 2 points per show (if he did that!)
2 shows per day, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.....
To sum in up quickly Cruiser did win 4 points per day finishing off the weekend as champion with 12 points!
I am amazed and thrilled for my young boy of just 18 months who I was just going to enter here and there until he cleared in the head. I never dreamed he would finish in one weekend! NEVER!!

Cruiser did win a Toy Group 4 as well and I am so proud of this! ANY group placing is terrific! His mom Sienna won a group 4 at the same show 3 years earlier!~
This is the epitome of doing what we do. Love the breed, love the puppies and certainly love when your very own breeding results in such a successful weekend! That is the ultimate satisfaction when 6 judges all agree that your dog is Best of Breed!
I picked Cruiser up late that Sunday evening, I got the greeting of a champion! He was tired but non the worse for wear! I'm sure he did not realize what he had just done!
Pete enjoyed handling him and said he was a 'cool dog to show'.
Cruiser is back in wraps and will stay at home for a while until he clears some. I am told our National Specialty is being held in our town this year so I perhaps will keep the show coat and see how he does there in October!
So SO proud of my boy and his accomplishments!! Way to go buddy!

No comments: