Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

Yes I am late on this one!
Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and hopefully all enjoyed a wonderful day with family or friends.

We had our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve day...only because I was working Christmas Day, Boxing Day and the 27th.
Our only opportunity was then and after a family vote, we went with a not so traditional dinner as well. Given the options of turkey or ham, the fam decided they wanted BBQ steak. So thats what we had! We had the usual trimmings of mashed potatoes and vegetables, James made a potato salad and had a yummy blueberry cheesecake and I bought a key lime pie...(which no one even got into as we were so stuffed!!!)
After dinner we went to the Christmas Eve service at church and just enjoyed the carols. There is nothing that brings tears to my eyes faster than Silent Night. I love all the Christmas carols but that one brings my mom's memory to light faster than anything and I usually cannot finish singing the song before I am choked up.
Christmas is a wonderful time full blessings but it does make one look back and remember Christmas' past.
After the service we came home and let the kids open one gift, a tradition going back as long as I can remember having the kids. Off to bed later and Christmas morning we all enjoyed each others company, opened gifts, I made cinnamon buns and just relaxed.
I stayed in my jammies until 130 when I had to get ready for work.
So that was our low key Christmas, (just the way I like it) I hope yours was just as great!

No comments: