Sunday, December 13, 2009

One of my favourite recipes for Christmas...

We try to do a little bit of Christmas baking for the holidays and one of our favourites is what we call Egg Drop Cookies.
They are simple to make and relatively low fat but soooo good if you like egg whites.
Thought I would share this tastey but simple recipe!

Egg Drop Cookies
3 lg egg whites
1/2 c white sugar
1/8 tsp Crm Tartar
1/4 tsp salt
1 c Mint Chips
Beat ingredients minus the chips until peaks form.
Add Chips
Spoon onto foil lined cookie sheet and bake @ 250 degrees for 1 hr.
So good!
The chips I don't know what they are called but we can buy them at our local bulk food store. They are white mint chocolate with red and green sprinkles on them.



Because there is not alot in them, I would think they are somewhat low fat especially if you compare it with some of the other goodies that are available during Christmas!
Try and let me know how you like them. I have members of my family that do not like egg whites so if you don't...think is not a recipe for you. Enjoy!


No comments: