Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Summer is just flyin by!!

Just a written post today to say that I'm still alive but have been incredibly busy!
I cannot believe how fast the summer is just flyin by! We have been so swamped with farm stuff and working that we have barely even stopped long enough to enjoy some of the gorgeous weather we have been having!
Last weekend we brought in all our hay and had all our sheep sheared...both jobs that are a must to do. I am currently doing a stretch of 7 shifts in a row and trying to keep up with dog grooming, housework, farm work, chores, yard work and anything else that comes up. I knew I would be over doing it but I thought some of the extra shifts would come in handy for the whatever that is sure to crop up!
Dave has his usual 55 work week plus he has been selling firewood on the side but he gets so tired doing nights that I try and get some loads split for him so he can just deliver it! I don't know where the time all goes but I would really love more hours in the day.
I am probably my own worst enemy as I can't sit still long enough and I do enjoy to be kept busy but sometimes being over busy really gets to me!
The last 2 days in between working and wood splitting we have been trying to get a shelter/ chicken coop up for Casi so she can get her chickens out of the barn. Her and I attempted to get something up just to get them out but Dave comes along with his ideas of something grander and this whole big lean -to slash shelter is being erected.
I do very much appreciate his carpentry skills as saws and me have never been best friends but this project has taken on a whole bigger dimension and the chickens are still in the barn!!!!
Anyway enough of my complaining right!!!
I just wanted to catch ya'll up on what has been the craziness in our household the last while...ok for a long while. On a brighter note...we are planning a "girls weekend" this weekend with some of my co-workers. Should be really cool to just chill with some buddies for a couple of days at a local trailer park!
Next week should be interesting around here! I am doggie sitting for a very very good friend her 9 dogs while she vacations across the pond. That would put in total the number of dogs here to 12 yorkies, 2 poodles, and 2 shepherds...going to be a lively house!!!
Also next week we are expecting the arrival of my sister and almost all of her family for her in laws 60th wedding anniversary. Will be great to see everyone!
Will come back with pictures and more blogs about all the craziness!!

No comments: