Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dominican trip ~ Wednesday ~ Dune Buggy's!! ~

Wednesday we found this tour offering dune buggy's excursions! It promised to be dirty and messy and so much fun!
Well it didn't disappoint!
We start going along the road and up some steep hills and seen some of the local highlights. We went through some small villages and had little children chasing us for candy.
The tour guides were very informative about their local culture and snippits into their every day lives.
At the very end of the tour we came to a muddy road, we were let loose to go through all those puddles! Britt was my driver and she barreled right through them all!
Between laughing so hard and spitting mud out of my mouth, my sides were aching!
We were first to go, so it was a show to watch everyone else go behind us. I think our partners got it worse than it did, they were covered in mud!!
I wish I could post pics but they were put on a slideshow. If I ever do get individual pics I will be sure to post them!
We were able to wash off all the mud at the beach but alas we had to go right through those puddles again to get back.
We must have looked horrid walking back! Wet and covered in mud but in great spirits we washed off at the pool side showers.
I have since thrown out the mud stained clothes...note to self for next time to bring something for that trip that I don't want again..
This is definitely something I would recommend if you don't mind getting dirty but wanna have A LOT of fun!

No comments: