Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Another year...another birthday!

Every year exactly 1 month past Christmas is my birthday. This year I was treated to having a 'snow day' with the kids at home...not sure why it was a snow day as it was about 3 degrees and not a drop of snow or rain....however it was nice to have them home to spend the day with me.
As most of you women know, as the years click by we tend to like to 'forget' these occasions as it is a reminder that we are getting older. I was happy to have a quiet day at home. I wasn't really expecting anything as Christmas is just over and I consider myself pretty lucky with the blessings that I already have.
However, Dave blew my socks off when he walked in and very nonchalantly handed me a bag. I had no idea of what to expect. When I looked in the bag I seen this....

This totally took me by complete surprise! I had asked for a simple point and shoot camera for Christmas which didn't happen so I was totally blown away by this camera!
It was pretty cute, Dave had listened intently to the saleperson about this and that camera and told me the differences between this model and other models....he was telling me all the things she had said. All the while I am completely speechless as this was sooo much more than I had ever thought of!
I had said to Casi a couple of days before that I need to get out more and take more pictures. Christmas was over before we knew it and I had not one picture...that is just bad...
So I need a tutorial from Casi about using the new camera but hope to take lots and lots of pictures!

I thought I would feature some of my favourite shots from the day...
Love this one!!!




I don't get too many opportunities to get a picture of James, especially the 2 of us. I love this shot!

I also love this one! He had bent over to pet Bella and just stood up! Gotta laugh!

This is moi, on the phone with my sis who was wishing me a Happy Birthday!

This is classic! I love this shot of Dave! This one to look back on and grin!

Had a wonderful day with my family, went for dinner at a steakhouse in town and had a super meal enjoyed with all.
Another year, I have a little ways to go to hit the 'big' one yet but I am ever thankful for my super family and super friends. Each year, each day is a gift.
I am super blessed and spoiled!
I love you's all!

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Happy birthday! What a fabulous gift and in perfect time for the beach!