Tuesday, January 26, 2010

26 days in...

I cannot believe we are already 26 days into this new year! How fast it has gone already! We have been hibernating of sorts with a cold snap that moved in last week. Still I can't believe January is almost over!
I have made it a personal goal to try new things this year. Not to get stuck in a rut with what I like or like to do. To try new foods or step outside of the box and try new things.
A few weeks ago I thought I would try soy milk and discovered that I actually quite like it! I buy the vanilla flavour and it is great! I have never been a huge milk drinker since I was little but I try to get a glass of this stuff each day. To my amazement I feel really good! This time of year we are all dragging a bit and I find that I have alot more energy, not sure if it is because of the soy milk or a few other 'good for you' food choices I have been trying to make but I sleep well, wake up feeling energized and have the ambition to get through my day.
Another food choice that I have avoided since I was small is brussell sprouts. I have hated them since I can remember. However trying 'new' things I had some at work a few weeks back and discovered again that I actually quite like them too! I made them at home and 3 of the 5 of us like them so it will be served quite often with an alternative of course for the pickier of us!
Also to prepare for our trip I tried tanning a couple of weeks back. I am so pleased at how I have got a healthy glow without getting burned in this very controlled method of tanning. I have never had a tanned abdomen before so this is new for me but it is great and again not sure if it snippits of vit D that I am getting but I feel great!
Lastly another of my firsts that I had wanted to try but have always been too chicken was do dye my hair dark...really dark! So last week I bought a medium brown Loreal hair colour and took the plunge. Again I was pleasantly surprised on how it turned out! I had thoughts of buying the one darker but thought I may try that later. I love it! With the sun kissed glow on my cheeks and the dark hair, I feel amazing! It has lightened up quite a bit so the next time I may try the darker one..will be sure to post pics!
I am finding that trying new things has been really rewarding and stepping outside the box now and again is invigorating and refreshing! I am pretty excited about trying all kinds of new and different things without 'chickening' out or letting the fear of 'what if' get in the way. You all should try it, it is kind of fun!

No comments: