Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bringin U up to speed

It certainly has been busy around here. Currently Brittany and I are the only girls of the house as the rest of our crew has made their way up to Thunder Bay for the annual moose hunt. Not my cup of tea but different strokes/different folks I guess.
Our Thanksgiving weekend was a scattered one with those 3 away, Brittany babysitting and myself working so there was not a time that we were all home together to have a meal. I thinks I might plan something for when they get back and I am off!
I am on puppy watch this week....can't believe that 9 weeks has just flown by. Autumn is due on Friday. She has the tiniest of belly and I am fearing that she only has 1. Fearing because it generally makes for a larger puppy thus harder for mom to whelp. Fingers crossed.....I have an xray booked for her on Thursday to confirm exactly how many and what position(s) it or they are presenting. Adding to my stress...I am booked to work Fri,Sat,Sun so there is a huge possibility that she could go into labour any one of those days. Best case scenario, she goes into labour next Monday!!! Will keep you posted there!
We have secured a herd of myotonic goats! I am especially thrilled about this...(who knew..thrilled about goats)! Anyhow yes we have more of these delightful creatures coming to our farm! The biggest downside...they are in Saskatchewan..yep mid west... As these guys are pretty rare and almost impossible to find, the fact that I was able to find so many and adults to boot is pretty cool!
So I am trying to find a hauler that is coming back from the west to bring these babies home. The best part of this is that these guys coming are mature goats and we will be able to have our own babies born here next spring! This venture has taken off faster than we had anticipated but we are excited just the same!
I will post when they arrive and how the whole process goes!

No comments: