Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Back in time....

How pleased I was today when I had a "Clock Doctor" come in and clean, oil and service a couple of clocks we had that weren't operating anymore. The first was a grandfather clock that used to belong to my parents. The cabinet was built from wood that my dad cut off the bush on our farm. He dried the wood for many years and had a neighbor built the clock for them. The clock has not run since I have had it. How refreshing it is to hear it chime and remind me of years gone by to a place where that clock used to chime in a home where cherished memories were created.

The second is a wall clock that my dad brought back from Holland after my grandmother died in the late 80's. When my mom sold the farm each of us got a clock and this is the one that I received. It has run up until a few months ago and I really missed it chiming religiously on the hour. How nice it is to go back in time now and again.....


No comments: