Monday, May 31, 2010

Still workin' at it!

It is a work in progress still!!!

However it is coming! Just worked the weekend and have to go in for short evenings today but am trying to get the second coat of paint on the walls!! Thought I would snap some pics while I had everything off the countertop and bleaching it!

Ended up choosing 'Surrey Beige' which is like a medium taupe with a hint of olive in it! The colour is in line with the 'soft and elegant' cards and that is exactly how it feels! Quite the contrast to the bright golden wheat that it was before. This gives the kitchen a warm feeling but with an aire of elegance too. I am really pleased with it!

However I am looking forward to getting my kitchen put back together! I can only live with clutter so long before it really starts to irritate me!
So today's project before work is to get the 2nd coat of paint on and put everything back in its place. We have the crown molding to put up and the kick plate to put along the floor.
Some where down the line there will be a new counter top and back splash and the kitchen will be fini!

This does not even feel like the same room! I have done some purging of clutter that was on the top of the cupboards and will do some more. Looking for a clean non clutter environment!
I will continue to post pics as the progess happens!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

wow chris....it looks wonderful wonderful....cannot wait to see it in person in a couple of weeks....love you Nanc