Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Remembering....

It is really hard for me to believe that it has been 6 years since I said goodbye to my mom. In an instant she was gone, although I thought I was prepared to be without her, I really wasn't.... and in the years that has followed there are days that I think my heart will burst because she is not here with us.

I miss our friendship, I miss our talks. I miss going to the strongest person I knew for advice. I miss the relationship that was cut short for my kids.
I miss her guidance and her strength....
This day is so mixed up emotionally for me. We celebrate our anniversary on this day as well. 19 years ago we said our vows but since this day also now is a reminder of the day that I let my mom go, it never feels like a day for celebration anymore.
I realize we need to live looking forward and not looking back but so she was such a huge part of who I am and why I am where I am today.
So today I want to wish my hubby a very happy anniversary and also remember one of the greatest ladies I know.

No comments: