Thursday, February 26, 2009

Autumns First Points @ Ontario Breeders (Markham)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rSlShPiOdo

Sorry for the link...hope it works. I really tried to upload a video and it wouldn't work. I don't think the format was compatible with blogger sooooo.....

This past weekend Autumn was entered in her 2nd weekend of shows. I, of course was working so had to rely on my good buddy and handler Peter Scott for his services. I was on pins and needles all weekend long (just ask my co-workers) it drove me crazy not knowing what was going on!
Pete would text me and let me know but it was hours after she had shown and I guess my impatience was getting the better of me :)!!!
So Friday and Saturday my baby took reserve, which is 2nd. Good result but just not enough for points. I was pleased that she was taking reserve in the fact that there was a good entry, so I knew she was doing good but those points are GOLDEN!
Anyway Sunday she didn't win anything so by Monday I was pretty disapointed. I left the house late and broke a few speed limits laws and probably had a bit of road rage (inside my vehicle of course :(!) cause I was worried I wasn't gonna make it in time to see Autumn show.
I arrived just as the Pugs were in..this is good as they show alphabetically...
So I had a chance to go over to the show services and see who all was the competition for the weekend. I was coming back to ringside and not really focusing on anyone in particular and I see a hand waving me back...Peter had moved along ringside and was motioning me to stay back!
Anyway found another yorkie person who also had a yorkie with Peter and we waited for our babies to show. She had a male so he went first and unfortunately didn't win Winners Male. Then it was the girls turn. The link above shows Autumn winning Winners Female for one point. She then competed against the Winners male dog and also won Best of Winners for another point! I was sooooo YES!
When I knew she was finished I approached and got a royal greeting and face wash from my girl. I think I probably missed her more than she missed me but it felt so good to have her back in my arms!
She hasn't left my side too much since and it is so nice to have her back snuggled up against me at night!
I plan on sending her out with Peter again likely the end of March to a show in Sudbury. From then I may do some local shows with her myself and she what she does.
I do hope the link works, I was able to upload on my facebook page and UTube so hopefully you can view it there.
Thank you so much to my new "doggie" buddy Esther M for taking the video!

No comments: